Integra Comparison with Swing Integrator
In many ways, Swing Integrator is closest in its approach to that of Integra in that it also seeks to push data from Lotus Notes to Microsoft Office. On the other hand Swing is very different in that it is a developers' toolkit which consists of various design elements such as script libraries, views, forms, sub-forms that need to be added to each of your applications. Swing Integrator provides a set of building blocks that can be used by anyone undertaking their own in-application development (see comparison between Integra and the approach).
Differences between Integra and Swing include the following:
- Integra is a ready-to-use solution rather than a developers’ toolkit toolkit of design elements that need to be added to your Notes applications.
- Integra is Non-intrusive (not applicable on the web) – no changes are required to be made to your Notes applications reducing quality issues, version control etc. Implementing a report/integration with Swing still requires the creation of agents and use of sub-forms, views etc. Swing is just about developer productivity.
- Integra does not require changes to applications each time you need to modify layout or data content of reports
- Integra automatically supports usage through a Lotus Notes client, web browser
- Integra provides the ability to schedule an export/import or report without the need for the creation of a scheduled agent per report. This reduces the number of agents running on your Domino server.
- Through the optional use of Integra's event driven programming model, Integra provides a depth of access to data and computational capability which is unique in the industry allowing more complex reporting challenges to be addressed using Integra.
- Out-of-the-box support for export to PDF, mail enablement of reports, updating of Notes data, attachment of reports into Notes documents, doclinking etc
- Supports importing of Word, Excel and Text data into Notes as well as exporting
- When upgrading your version of Swing, this requires regression testing of each of your applications in which you have deployed the toolkit. The product is known to be problematic in this regard.
>> Back to